Powered By Blogger

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Personal Time

In highschool, I was the model christian. I didn't drink, smoke (anything), have sex....nothing! All I did was go to school, participate in 5 different sports, and spend a ton of time at my church. I was the leader in my youth group....I was a true Christ-follower.

After I got out of highschool, I went to college and that's the most prevalent thing in my life currently. This move has been one of the things that opened my mind. I immediately became interested in philosophy and took several classes. The thing that overwhelmed me the most in these classes was that the majority of the people that wrote these very important papers in the philosophical world totally dismissed, not just christianity, but religion as a whole. This is what got my mental juices flowing and focused on religion. The more I read and the more I thought about it, the more it started to make sense. My mission ever since I was old enough to think for myself rather than regurgitating what someone else told me to think has been to look at every situation as objectively as possible. This, I've found, has allowed me to see the world in a much more realistic light instead of looking at it through the screen of bias.

This change in myself is what lead to these two blogs. It got to where I was listening to all these atheists talk about all the "holes" in the bible and why they reject it but there are very few times that they would actually cite those holes. It was too ambiguous for me. So I decided to start reading the bible and do this as objectively as I can. This way, I'll find the holes and I'll find the positive things, but in the end I will have made my own judgement on what to think.

The fact that I'm high is just to open up the creative part of my brain and see the text a little more abstractly. I think it adds a nice change up from the same old readings. I want all of my readers to realize that I'm in no way trying to bash the bible or christianity. I just want to read it as an important text and make my own judgement.

I hope a lot of people choose to take this journey with me and read this text for what it is. My ultimate goal is to go all the way through the bible and write a book or two about this experience. Let's do this together!!!

You guys rock!

No comments:

Post a Comment